Recipes – All │ LIHAT TUTORIAL
Puffy Japanese Cheesecake
- ⅔ cup (130 milliliters) water + 5 tablespoons FiberCreme
- 4 ounces (100 g) cream cheese
- 7 tablespoons (100 g) butter
- 8 egg yolks
- ½ cup (60 g) flour
- ½ cup (60 g) cornstarch
- 13 large egg whites
- ⅔ cup (130 g) granulated sugar
- Parchment paper
- Strawberries, to serve
- Powdered sugar, to serve
- Whip Creme, for garnish
- A pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 320°F/160°C.
- In a small pot over medium heat, pour in the water, fiber cream, cream cheese, and butter. Stir until it dissolves. Turn off heat and let it cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg yolks until it smooth, add a pinch of salt then slowly drizzle in the cream mixture, stir it until evenly combined.
- Sift in the flour and the cornstarch, whisking to make sure there are no lumps. Ad bit by bit to the mixer. Set aside the dough to a large bowl.
- In another large bowl, beat the egg whites with a hand mixer until it becomes soft peaks when you lift the mixer up from the bowl.
- Gradually add the sugar while continuing to beat until you see hard peaks when lifting the mixer up.
- Take about ¼ of the egg whites and fold them into the egg yolk mixture, then repeat the process with the remaining egg whites until the batter is evenly combined.
- Place a 4-inch parchment paper strip around the edge of a 9×3-inch cake pan that is already lined with parchment at the bottom. If you are using a springform pan, make sure to wrap the bottom and sides completely in foil, twice, to prevent any leakage.
- Pour the batter into the parchment-lined pan and shake to release the air bubbles.
- Place the filled pan into a larger baking pan or dish lined with 2 paper towels at the bottom. The paper towels ensure that the heat is distributed evenly along the bottom of the pan. Fill the larger pan with about 1 inch of hot water.
- Bake for 25 minutes, then reduce the heat to 280°F/135°C and bake for another 55 minutes, until the cake has risen to almost double its height.
- Remove from oven, and carefully invert the cake onto your dominant hand and peel off the paper. Be extremely careful, as the cake will be hot. You can also invert the cake onto a plate, but this will cause the cake to deflate more.
- Sprinkle the top of the cake with powdered sugar, slice, and serve with strawberries while still warm!